Pages

Thursday 16 February 2012

Tis the season to be poorly.....

Whilst I am trying my best to keep mentally alert and on top of all things productive my body keeps letting me down.  Am on my second bad cold of the year and been really quite knocked out again by it.  As a result, I have another backlog that needs clearing before I can get on with other things on my list and I have been watching too much TV - including far too much CBeebies!

It was also the week of Valentine's Day, which rather passed us by in a blur of cold remedies and the wrong kind of early night.  The chocolate from choconchoc was greatly appreciated both as a gift, in taste and aesthetics at least!  I think we'll have to reschedule the romance and another date for later in the year though.

It looks also like the week that I'm going to turn a job opportunity down.  My plan to keep my brain sharp and organise life keeps being scuppered by the reality of being a parent.  From tending to a poorly toddler to my first real experience of half term (nursery closed) came the realisation that managing even a flexible job would be tricky over the summer holidays.  I love the idea of being home over the summer to be a full time Mum and didn't think it would be any other way.  Now I'm realising that I was also thinking I could be working.  The two day dreams are crashing together in my head at the moment and although I know that the parent one will always win, I am looking at the working one a bit longingly wondering how and when.....